This egg dish recipe is a bomb! Surprisingly delicious and rich in protein. Serve as an appetizer or a scrumptious snack for your weekend family gatherings. Stuffed eggs topped with sweet and pungent honey mustard sauce.
8 hard-boiled eggs
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup ground pork
salt and pepper, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
cooking oil for deep frying
* Carefully remove the shells of the 8 eggs. Slice each egg in half lengthwise, making sure the egg whites are not damaged. Scoop out the egg yolks and put these in a bowl.
* Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent, add ground pork and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer until the pork is cooked. Remove to heat and allow to cool.
* Combine cooked ground pork and egg yolks in the bowl. Mix thoroughly. Carefully spoon the meat mixture into each of the white eggs, making a mound that would resemble the form of a whole egg.
* Heat cooking oil in a pan. Dip the filled eggs in the beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs.
* Gently put each filled eggs one at a time into the pan with hot oil. Fry each eggs until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
For the honey mustard sauce:
1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper, to season
* Combine all ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Blend and mix well.
* On a serving dish, arrange eggs and top it with prepared sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Deviled eggs are recommended for packing into the children’s lunch boxes to give them energy for the day.
Use very fresh chicken eggs to make sure that the yolks are at the center of the eggs. You can also use organic eggs.