Brown on brown on brown today. This banana bread is wonderful. And quick and easy to put together so you can run back out to the pool when you’re done. Get ready for summer!
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (6 oz) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 medium large ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Whisk in melted butter, then brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Set a sifter or fine mesh strainer over the bowl and sift in the baking soda, salt, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until just incorporated. Then gently stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chunks or chips.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep bread wrapped tightly at room temperature for up to 4 days, or serve immediately.