This blender salsa is so easy which uses canned tomatoes for which is a good option when garden one’s are not yet ready… easy store bought, still got the same flavorful taste!
- 1/4 of a medium onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, outer skin removed
- 1 whole jalapeno, halved
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounce) or 1 quart home-canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- In food processor or blender, put cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno .
- Process until all of the veggies are chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Add the whole undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice and blend a few moment until you get the salsa consistency that you like.
- Add the diced tomatoes and pulse one or two times to combine.
- Test the seasonings on a tortilla chip and adjust accordingly.