This Italian sauce is very versatile. Made with tomatoes, garlic, and onions. Sweetened with red wine or balsamic vinegar. Can be put in your homemade pizza, pasta, stew, and burgers.
– 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
– 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (add more depending on taste)
– 1/2 cup white onions, chopped
– 2 to 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
– If red wine or balsamic vinegar is not available, put a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
1. In a food processor or blender, put tomatoes, garlic, white onions, and basil. Mix and blend well until smooth.
2. Transfer tomato mixture in a pan and season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and sugar. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes.
Can also add some olives, herbs, and capers if desired.