Bacon, Egg and potato in one? Who would not fall in love with this wonderful recipe! A unique adaptation to the classic stuffed baked potato makes for an easy and delicious meal. Make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- baked potatoes, slightly cooled
- melted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere, fontina, pepperjack, or
- other of your choice)
- additional fillings of your choice: sauteed vegetables, bacon or ham, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice a thin layer off the top of each potato you have prepared. Use a spoon or teaspoon to gently scoop out insides and leave a thin layer of potato against the skin. Reserve scooped potato for another use.
- Brush inside of each potato with melted butter and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese into each potato and add bacon bits or any additional fillings desired.
- Fill each potato about 3/4 full then crack one egg into each potato.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes for about 20 minutes. the egg whites should be set and yolks soft.
Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Photo Credit: ourbestbites.com