This delectable dish is good for the whole family. Ideal to serve in all occasions because it is easy to make. — healthy fish drizzled with delicious nutty pesto
Did you know that consuming fish at least twice a week is recommended since it is a good source of omega-3, a nutrient found to be beneficial for the heart.
Fatty fish like salmon, tuna and milkfish is a good source of omega-3.
– 1kg fillet of sole fish or flounder fillet, sliced into bite size pieces
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoon lemon
– 1 cup of flour
Cooking oil for deep- frying
For Creamy Pesto Sauce: Blend together
– 2-3 cups basil leaves
– 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1/2 cup Olive oil
– 1/2 cup all purpose cream
1. Season fish fillet with salt and pepper and lemon. Marinate for 5 minutes.
2. Heat cooking oil, put the flour on a plate. Dredge both sides of fish fillets in the flour and shake off any excess. Deep- fry seasoned fish until golden Brown and crispy on the outside. Transfer on a paper lined plate to drain excess oil.
3. Serve with creamy Pesto Sauce on the side or drizzle sauce on top of fish before serving. You can also drizzle some cream and chopped basil for garnish.
Serve immediately after preparing to maintain crispiness.