Tasty, healthy and easy are all the words you need to know about this dish. You won’t believe how just a few simple ingredients could produce a satisfyingly sophisticated meal. Lots of parsley give it a fresh taste or add corn or peas for a more hearty meal.
450 g white fish cutlets, such as cod or sole
1 750 ml bottle of white wine
2 400 g canned chop tomatoes
3 tbsps chopped parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
• Poach the fish by laying the fish flat in a large frying pan. Pour the entire contents of the wine over the fish and bring to a boil.
• Turnover the fish at least once. When the fish starts to break apart easily (about 4 minutes), remove the fish cutlets from the wine with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
• In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and saute onions until soft.
• Add cooked onions, tomatoes and parsley to wine. Boil vigorously for at least 10 minutes to boil off alcohol. Add fish cutlets and heat through.
• Serve with a crusty baguette and a glass of wine.