• 1 head garlic, cloves separated
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 to 4 pieces anchovies, chopped
• 1 small white onion, chopped
• 1 cup all-purpose cream
• 3 tablespoons milk
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
• 500 grams (approx. 2 cups when cooked) fettuccine pasta
• 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender. Let it cool. Squeeze garlic from skins into a bowl; mash with fork.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sauté onions, anchovies and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Anchovies tends to be a little bit salty so put salt depending on your taste. Stir in cream and milk. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in Parmesan and continue stirring.
5. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan.
6. Add sauce to pasta and toss well. Transfer into a serving platter.
Serve sprinkled with parsley and extra parmesan cheese.