This mouthwatering seafood dish is easy to prepare. Marinated squid, stuffed with tomatoes, onion and coriander leaves.
– 1 kilo medium-size squid, cleaned, heads and ink sac removed, approx. 12 pieces (set aside heads for filling)
– 2 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 tablespoon chili sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 4 pieces tomatoes, chopped
– 2 pieces onions, chopped
– 1/2 cup chopped squid head
– 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
– 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
– 1/2 tablespoon chopped ginger
– salt and pepper
1. Marinate squid in the next 5 ingredients for at least overnight
2. Combine all the stuff filling in a bowl. Stuff squid cavity with the combined filling and then seal the opening with a toothpick
3. Grill the squid, occasionally basting with the marinade. Slice into rings before serving.
Notes: you can also serve it fried. Dip squid in beaten eggs and dredge it in flour before deep-frying.