Trick or treat? Give your kids a sweet treat with these easy to do cupcakes. You and your kids can decorate your cupcakes and use your imagination. The more outrageous the décor, the better. After all it is Halloween!
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream frosting
2 tubs whipping cream
1 cup sugar
3-4 drops orange food color
Halloween cupcake decor, store bought
Paper cupcake liners
* Preheat the oven to 375 F.
* Arrange paper cupcake liners into the muffin pans.
* In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla. continue beating.
* In another bowl, combine and sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
* Gradually add flour mixture to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix well. Add milk while continuously stirring. Fold in the chocolate chips.
* Pour into papercups-lined pan, about 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Let it cool.
* For the cream frosting: in a large bowl, add whipping cream. Gradually add sugar while whipping the cream. Add 3 to 4 drops of food color. Continue whipping until sugar is incorporated into the cream and cream is light and fluffy.
* Place frosting into a piping bag or if not available you can use ziplock plastic and cut a small opening at the tip.
* Decorate cupcakes with cream frosting and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired. Let your creativity work for you.
Serve and enjoy!