Spread out wellness with this healthy homemade dip. This vegetables dip is perfect for breakfast or snack.
Did you know that carrots and pumpkin are good source of Vitamin A and potassium.
– 1 piece white onion, sliced
– 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch cubes
– 1 piece carrot, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch cubes
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup water
Juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup all purpose cream
Crackers, toast or crusty bread
1. Layer onion, pumpkin and carrots on a heavy bottom sauce pan. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes or until pumpkin and carrots are very tender. Add more water if necessary. Season with lemon and honey.
3. Using a blender or a food processor blend pumpkin carrot mixture and cream until smooth.
Serve spread on crackers or toast.