Thinking of something icky yet delicious treat for kids this Halloween? These Jello Worms will be a star of the night! Easy and delicious!
- 100 flexible plastic straws (Bendable neck straw to create realistic worms)
- 1 clean and empty container which can hold the straws together
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry or grape flavor gelatin
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12 to 15 drops green food coloring
- Prepare all the straws, extend it’d neck to its full length. Place it inside the container. (You can use a rubber bond to hold all the straws together)
- Combine and cook the gelatin as per package instructions (you can add sugar if you wish to make it more sweeter, depending on your taste) Leave it until lukewarm, but don’t let it harden yet.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Carefully pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Pull straws from container. Pull straws apart. Run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers.
- Lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Worms will hold at room temperature for about 2 hours.