A versatile Hawaiian-style pulled pig recipe that’s perfect topping for rice soups or omelets for a high-protein breakfast. Ingredients have been adjusted to fit a renal diet plan.
Makes 16 servings
- 4 pounds pork roast
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Lightly score a diamond pattern on the pork.
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture into all sides of pork.
- Place pork into slow cooker and sprinkle with liquid smoke.
- Just add enough water to slow cooker to fill about ¼ to ½ inches deep.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Lift pork from cooking liquid. Shred pork using fork.
- Serve atop steaming white rice.
Nutrients per serving
Serving size: 4 ounces
total fat 18g
saturated fat 6mg