Start your day right with this fresh-flavored smoothie and your heart just might thank you for it.
Despite its size, kiwi is a nutrient dense food that packs a lot of health benefits, including the maintenance of healthy skin, prevents constipation, lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk for heart disease and stroke. The cardiovascular benefits of kiwi stems from its fiber and high potassium content.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 4 pieces and frozen
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoons almond extract (optional)
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice
- Combine the kiwi, banana, honey, yogurt and almond extract in a blender. Blend on the highest speed for at least 15 minutes or until a smooth puree forms.
- Add the ice and blend until you get a smooth, well-combined consistency.
- Pour into tall chilled glasses. Serve immediately.