2 large eggplants
400 grams lamb loins, cut in strips
1 cup cooked lentils
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 small knob of ginger, sliced thinly
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* Combine lamb, ginger, some salt and pepper in a bowl, marinate for at least an hour.
* Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
* Cut eggplants in half (lengthwise). Scoop out flesh but leave 1 cm border. Chop the flesh and set aside. Arrange eggplant shells on a lined baking tray. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the eggplants and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
* In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat and add the lamb. Quickly stir-fry until cooked, about 2-3 minutes, avoid overcooking as it may toughen. Set aside.
* In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until soft. Add in lentils, turmeric, diced tomatoes and chili flakes. Cook for about 5 minutes or until some of the liquid evaporates. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste. Add the cooked lamb and cook for about a minute.
* Fill each eggplant shells with the lamb mixture. Cover with foil and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until eggplants are tender. Remove foils and transfer onto a serving dish and top with the crumbled feta cheese. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!