In time for the Chinese New Year, here’s a dish that you will surely love. Irresistibly delicious tofu recipe to serve with your family and friends.
– 1 tablespoon Szechuan
– 3/4 cup chicken both
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon dry sherry
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 4 ounces ground pork
– 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon hot bean sauce
– 12 to 14 ounces bean curd, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
– 2 green onions, thinly sliced
– 3 tablespoon water
– 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Place peppercorns in small dry skillet; shake over medium-low heat, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Crush peppercorns with mortar and pestle or place between paper towels and crush with hammer.
2. Combine chicken broth, soy sauce and sherry in small bowl.
3. Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until pork is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and hot bean sauce. Stir-fry until meat absorbs color from bean sauce, about 1 minute.
4. Add chicken broth mixture and bean curd to wok. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in onions, blend water and cornstarch in a small cup. Add to wok; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Stir in sesame oil. Pass ground peppercorns separately to sprinkle over each serving, if desired.