Avocados add a rich, creamy feel to this sweet fruit concoction. Don’t worry about the fats though—they’re good for you.
Avocados, the secret ingredient in this smoothie, is actually a nutrient powerhouse that provides you with healthy fats and an abundance of nutrients that helps you lower cholesterol levels, maintain healthy skin and hair, reduce cancer risk, prevent blood sugar spikes, and helps in weight loss and weight management.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- ¼ avocado, pitted peeled and chopped
- 1 cup ripe mangoes, chopped
- ½ cup mango sorbet
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- 2 ½-inch thick mango slices
- 1 lime slice
- Combine the mango, avocado, milk, sorbet, lime juice, honey and crushed ice in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into chilled tall glasses. Cut the mango and lime slices half-way through the centers. Attach to the rim of the glass before serving.