This new take on the old-fashioned orange creamscicle will make your mouth water with frothy goodness minus the calories. Soy milk takes the place of cream, while creamy, custard-like silken tofu gives it extra body.
Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C and a nutrient called choline. Choline helps reduce chronic inflammation and in the maintenance of cellular membrane structures. The American Heart Association recommends the intake of oranges and other citrus fruits to help lower the risk of ischemic stroke. Oranges are also rich in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure levels.
- 1 ½ cups chilled orange juice
- 1 cup chilled vanilla soy milk
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 orange segments, peeled
- Combine the orange juice, soy milk, tofu, honey, vanilla, orange zest and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until you get a smooth and frothy consistency.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses. Serve and garnish with an orange segment.