A traditional and popular Asian noodle dish made with genuine flat noodles, garnished with shrimp, egg, peanuts, tofu and bean sprouts. With sweet and tangy sauce that’s quite simple to make.
– 500 g rice noodles
Cold water for soaking
– 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil
– 1/2 head garlic, crushed
– 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
– 1 cup diced pork
– 1/2 cup firm tofu, diced
– 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
(If not available you can use 2 tablespoons white vinegar)
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons peanut butter, unsweetened
– 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
– 1 cup peeled shrimp
– 2 eggs, scrambled, cut into strips
– 1 cup bean sprouts, divided into two servings
– 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
– 2-4 stalks green onions, chopped (optional)
– 1 lime, slice in wedges
1. Soak the noodles in cold water for at least an hour. Drain noodles and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the tamarind paste or vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter, and chili garlic sauce.
3. In a wok heat cooking oil and sauté the garlic. Add chicken breast and pork. When meat slices are almost cooked, add tofu and stir for another minute. Put in the drained noodles and stir to combine. Add sauce mixture, shrimp, eggs and bean sprouts to the noodles. Stir fry until shrimp turn evenly pink. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer noodles onto a serving plate. Serve with bean sprouts, green onions on crushed peanuts on the side.
Squeeze some lime before eating. Serve and enjoy!
*Try this dish with Thai Iced Coffee!