This is a Spanish rice dish with mixed fresh seafoods, vegetables, and meat. A traditional and comfort food in Spain. Experience the wonderful piquancy and appetizing taste in every spoonful bite.
1/2 kilogram pork tenderloin
1/2 kilogram chicken
1/2 kilogram shrimps
salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups mussel
1 cup clams
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1 inch pieces
2 Spanish chorizo (sausage), sliced thinly
3 cups white rice
1/2 cup tomato sauce
6 cups clam broth
1 small bay leaf
salt and pepper, to season
1/4 teaspoon saffron, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup string beans, cut into 2 inch length
2 hard boiled eggs
* Preheat oven to 350F. Cut chicken and pork into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Brown in oil. Clean and wash shrimps and dredge with salt and pepper. Cook in a pan with oil and set aside.
* Boil clams and mussels until the shells slightly open. Set aside and keep the broth.
* Heat olive oil in a pan and add chicken, pork, paprika, garlic, onion, green and red pepper, and chorizo. Toss for a few minutes and add unwashed rice and stir until rice is slightly Brown. Add tomato sauce, clam broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
* Add in the saffron. Transfer to a serving casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
* Uncover the casserole and arrange shrimps, clams, mussels, green peas, and string beans on top. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
* Serve piping hot with slices of hard boiled eggs.
You can also put your choice of seafoods like crabs, squid, and fish.