750 grams sirloin beef, minced
1 tablespoon A1 steak sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 red bell bepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow onion, cut in rings
1 small cos lettuce, washed and separated
4 slices provolone cheese
1/2 cup cheese sauce (store bought)
4 burger buns
3 tablespoons olive oil
* Combine all the patty ingredients in a large bowl. Using your clean hands, mix the ingredients gently, do not over mix. Form mixture into 4 patties and place on a plate lined with parchment paper. Place in the fridge until ready for grilling.
* Heat a grill pan over high heat. Split buns in half and place in the pan and toast until edges are crispy.Place one slice of cheese on each bun to melt. Set aside.
* Using the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and spread the onions and peppers in one layer. Cook for about a minute. Remove onions and peppers from the pan and set aside.
* Heat the pan again on medium heat and add oil. Grill the patties to your desired doneness ( I prefer mine medium done, about 8-10 minutes turning once.). Place patties on paper towel lined plate.
* To prepare: Place some lettuce leaves on the bottom part of the bun, then the patty, then cheese sauce and top with the cooked onions and peppers. Serve warm.