It’s sun and sand in a glass. Recall your time on the beach with this refreshing and healthy take on the traditional poolside drink minus the hangover.
Coconut milk has traditionally received bad rap for its high saturated fat levels. However, research seems to indicate that the coconut’s medium-chain triglycerides could have health benefits than previously thought. These benefits include maintenance of skin and hair health, weight loss support, enhance immune function and lower risks for heart disease.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup vanilla or coconut flavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetened flaked coconut
- Crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on highest speed until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Sprinkle sweetened flaked coconut for garnish. Serve immediately.