This Asian dish is so delicious and bursting with flavor, lettuce wraps are a great idea for a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap.
– 1 ounce dried mushrooms
– tablespoon vegetable oil
– 8 ounces boneless lean pork , finely chopped
– 1/2 cup of 8 ounce drained sliced bamboo shoots, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup of 8 ounce drained whole water chestnuts, finely chopped
– 6 green onions, finely chopped
– 250 grams crab meat, flaked
– 2 tablespoons dry sherry
– 1 table spoon soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
– 2 teaspoons sesame oil
– 9 iceberg lettuce leaves
1. Place mushrooms in bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water. Remove and discard stems.
2. Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, onions and crab meat; stir-fry 1 minute.
3. Combine sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir into pork mixture and remove from heat.
4. Place about 1/3 cup pork mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf.
5. Fold ends and sides of lettuce leaves over filling and roll up. Arrange in a serving platter. If desired leave it open or pork and lettuce may be served separately and rolled at table.
For the sauce you can use Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Fried vermicelli noodle for garnish
Serve and enjoy!