Surprise loved ones with this clever version of a quail egg appetizer.
9 quail eggs have the same fat and calorie content as 1 chicken egg. Eggs are the most affordable source of high quality protein.
– 250g ground pork
– 1/2 cup chopped turnips
– 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
– 1/2 cup corn kernel
– salt, pepper and sugar to taste
– 2 tablespoon banana catsup
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 cup bread crumbs
– 12 pieces hard boiled quail eggs, shells removed cooking oil for deep- frying
– sweet chili sauce
1. In a bowl, combine pork, turnips, spring onion and corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in catsup.
2. Add in flour and bread crumbs. Combine mixture until fully incorporated and thick enough to mold into balls.
3. Get a tablespoon or two of the prepared meat mixture. Cover each quail Egg with the mixture making sure that each egg is completely covered.
4. Heat cooking oil. Deep fry egg cocktails for 3 minutes or until golden Brown. Transfer on a drip tray to remove excess oil.
5. Serve with sweet chili sauce on the side or any desired dip.