Fresh raspberry sorbet in 30 minutes! A perfect frozen creamy treat for cooling down this summer!
- about 5 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Add water and raspberries to a food processor. Pulse until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl.
- Add pureed raspberries to the strainer (1/4 at a time) and press with the back of a large spoon or a rubber spatula through the strainer to remove the seeds.
- Repeat with remaining raspberry puree.
- Discard anything left in the strainer.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice to the raspberry juice in the bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve dessert OR transfer to a shallow container and freeze an additional 1-2 hours for a more firm sorbet.