Having to make your own authentic teriyaki sauce at home is simply amazing. You’ll be able to adjust the taste that will suit your taste palette. You could also use this sauce with other dish that you desire.
2-3 fresh salmon fillets
1 bunch of asparagus, steamed or blanched
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch dissolve into 1 1/2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Spicy teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup Japanese soy sauce
1/3 cup sake
1/3 cup mirin
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon chili powder
* To make the spicy teriyaki sauce: Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Cook until the sugar has melted. Add water if necessary. Transfer in a bowl. Set aside.
* Marinate the salmon with 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce for 40 minutes or overnight. Keep the remaining sauce in a resealable container for the next use.
* Preheat oven for 250°F. Place salmon in a baking tray with parchment paper. Cook for about 7 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
* In a hot pan, heat remaining teriyaki sauce and add the cornstarch and water slurry. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes while stirring.
* In a serving plate, place salmon over the blanched asparagus and pour the thickened spicy teriyaki sauce on top. Garnish with chives and sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy!