Fun and delicious appetizer to serve whenever you have a special guest at home. Try this tuna recipe that would tickle your taste. Pan-seared fresh tuna combined with veggies in tacos, drizzle with wasabi mayo.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 fresh ahi tuna steak fillets
2 1/2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup diced avocado
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup diced cucumber
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup Japanese mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
10-12 mini taco shells
* In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce and minced ginger. Marinate tuna in the soy mixture for about 5 to 7 minutes. In a small platter combine sesame seeds and pepper. Roll tuna until covered evenly. Heat oil in the pan. Sear in tuna, 1 1/2 minutes on all sides. Cook on desired doneness. Remove from the pan. Slice 1 inch think. Set aside.
* In a medium size bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix with lime juice. Set aside.
* To make the wasabi mayo: combine Japanese mayonnaise, wasabi powder, and garlic. Blend well. Set aside.
* Fill taco shell with the prepared filling and place tuna on top, drizzle with wasabi mayo dressing.
* Arrange on a serving platter and place the extra wasabi mayo on the side.
Serve and enjoy!