12 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
non-stick cooking spray
* Remove wrappers and cut cheese in half to give you 24 pieces. Freeze cheese until hard and frozen, about 30 minutes.
* In three separate shallow dishes, place egg, flour and breadcrumbs, each in their own dish. Whisk egg to breadcrumbs then add parmesan and parsley.
* Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Dip frozen cheese sticks in flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs.
* Repeat for each cheese stick, placing them on the lined baking sheet. Freeze on sheet at least 15 minutes, or until ready to bake (this is a must or they will melt before the crumbs get golden).
* When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F. Arrange oven rack in the bottom third of your oven
* Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, turn sticks over, and bake an additional 4-5 minutes, watching sticks closely so they don’t melt.
Serve hot with marinara sauce or ranch dressing for dipping.