Want to have a beautiful weekend night? This would be a fun dinner. They are so easy, they take barely any time at all to prepare, but they feel festive.
- For the marinade:
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. chile powder
- about 2 lb. skirt steak
- 2-3 bell peppers, ends trimmed, cored and seeded, cut into
- a couple large pieces
- 1 large white onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-3/4-inch slices
- (keep the slices intact)
- 18 6-inch flour tortillas
- lime wedges
- toppings of your choice such as, cilantro, salsa, cheese, sour
- cream & avocados or guacamole
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients in a small or medium bowl. Keep about 1/3 cup of marinade for the vegetables.
- Place the steak in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Add the remaining marinade. Seal the bag, pressing out any excess air, massage the marinade into the meat a bit.
- Refrigerate anywhere from 3-10 hours.
- After meat has finished marinating, remove steak from marinade and wipe off excess marinade with paper towel.
- Brush the vegetables with reserved marinade.
- Heat your grill to high. Scrape the grill grate clean and oil the grate.
- Add the steak to the super hot grill and grill, covered about 2 1/2 minutes per side (for medium/medium-rare), or until steak reaches desired doneness.
- Remove steak to a clean plate and cover with foil & let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions to the grill and grill, turning occasionally until cooked, peppers should take about 5 minutes and onions will take about 10.
- Remove from grill. Briefly add the tortillas to the grill, a couple at a time and grill until warmed and lightly charred around the edges.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil to keep warm.
- Thinly slice the steak, against the grain. Slice the onions in half and separate the rings.
- Slice the peppers.
- Serve with the tortillas, lime wedges and toppings of your choice.
Adapted from: www.applesandsparkle.com