This tomato based pasta dish could be listed as one of the Italian staple recipe. The sweetness of ripe tomatoes compliments the fresh flavor of the squid. A low calorie pasta dish to serve if you are planning out a healthy diet or meal.
• 2 cups fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
• 2 medium squid, cleaned, and cut into rings
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped green olives
• 1 cup canned whole tomatoes
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or basil
• salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onions and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Add in squid, cook for 3 minutes. Squid cooks fast. Stir in green olives, whole tomato and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper, depending to taste. Simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Toss in fettuccine pasta and coat well with the sauce.
Transfer onto a serving dish and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
* Serve with your favorite bread or pair it up with a very refreshing drink and you’ll feel a perfect beach vibe.
This pasta dish is fast and simple to make. Full of nutrients and very light that could give you sufficient energy and strength to face your daily errands. Don’t forget to also have a vegetable and fruit intake to balance out your everyday diet plan.