Try this light but savory tuna steak dish next time you’re craving for something Asian. Moist and tender tuna flakes are complimented with a savory ginger-infused sauce, giving it an undeniable Asian flair. Serve it hot with a bowl of steaming white rice for a hearty and satisfying meal.
- 1 kg fresh tuna steaks
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml sherry
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put tuna steaks in a steamer over an inch of boiling water and cover. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Remove the tuna from the steamer and place in a serving dish. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve immediately.