This is a refreshing way to enjoy strawberries when they’re in season. Orange juice gives it a fresh tang.
These luscious, fragrant berries are actually powerhouses of healthy nutrition. Aside from its excellent antioxidant capacity, strawberries are also rich sources of the essential nutrients vitamin C, potassium and folic acid. It has zero fat, low in calories, and has high fiber content, helping you to stave off hunger until lunch with this smoothie recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 thin orange slices
- Set aside 4 strawberries for garnishing then hull all the strawberries. Place the hulled strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Add the yogurt, orange juice and sugar.
- Process on the highest speed for at least 15 seconds or until a well-blended puree forms. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Pour into chilled tall glasses. Slit the whole strawberries and orange slices halfway through. Attach one strawberry and one orange slice to the rim before serving.