This dish is made out of dried anchovies coated in sweet and spicy taste. Popular to Asian cuisine as an appetizer or quick snack. Topped with roasted sesame seeds.
– 2 cups dried anchovies
– 4 tablespoon tomato ketchup
– 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
– 1/3 cup brown sugar (can also use raw honey if desired)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups bean sprout, blanch: to put (food items) in boiling water or steam for a short time
1. In a wok add oil then cook dried anchovies in medium heat for 1-2 minutes, do not overcook otherwise it will taste bitter.
2. Remove from wok, and put in dry paper towel. Set aside.
3. Place cooked anchovies in a bowl then add ketchup, sugar and cayenne pepper. Mix well and make sure anchovies are well coated.
4. In a wok add oil and sauté garlic, then add anchovies, cook in a low heat until sugar melts.
5. Remove from wok. Keep it cool then serve with bean sprout on the side.
Can also add chopped dried chillies for extra spice.