Thinking of a snack that is easy and fast to make? Here’s a quick and tasty taco recipe that would save your day.
• 24 mini taco cups
• 250 grams lean ground beef
• ground cumin, to taste
• 1 pc white onion, diced
• 2 pcs tomatoes, diced
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
• 1/4 cup grated cheddar or quick-melt cheese
• 1/2 medium size green bell pepper (optional)
• sour cream (optional)
– Heat oil in a pan. Sauté 1/2 of the onion, garlic, and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Wait until beef is browned then add cumin. Drain excess oil on paper towels and set aside.
– Line 2 muffin trays with mini taco cups. (You can also use plain baking trays). Fill mini taco cups with your prepared beef mixture until 2/3 full.
– Top with cheese, lettuce, onion and bell pepper. Bake in preheated oven 350°F until cheese is golden and melted, about 5 minutes.
– Arrange in a platter and drizzle with sour cream before serving, if desired.
You can also use wanton wrappers and mold it in a muffin tray.
Perfect to serve with Mexican Mojito!