Yummy grilled tuna and vegetable sandwich dressed with a delicious and healthful dose of balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
– Baguette, Ciabatta, or other crusty bread
– 2 cans tuna chunks in oil, drained
– 1 cup lettuce or arugula
– 1/4 cup black olives
– 2 pcs large red onions, caramelized
– 2 pcs tomatoes, sliced
– 2 pcs red bell peppers
– 2 pcs hard boiled eggs, sliced
– 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or Parmesan, shredded
– 1/2 cup cottage cheese
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 tablespoon mustard
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 teaspoons honey or sugar
1. Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a bowl except olive oil. Mix well with a wire whisk or fork. Gradually add in the olive oil and incorporate it with the mixture.
2. Slice bread open and brush the insides with generous serving of balsamic vinaigrette. Fill the bread with tuna, lettuce, olives, caramelized onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, eggs, cheddar cheese, and cottage cheese. Drizzle with some more balsamic dressing.
3. Brush hot pan with olive oil and place the sandwich. Cook until bread is toasted. Flip the sandwich carefully to grill other side. Slice sandwich in desired size.
Serve while hot and enjoy!