Many pass up this popular delicious salad because of its high fat content. This light healthy version is the perfect way to start your meal!
– 1 medium-sized lettuce, shredded
– 1/2 cup croutons ( for healthy life-style croutons use ordinary bread or wheat bread, cut into cubes, drizzle with olive oil and brown in toaster)
– 1 or 2 strips of chopped bacon ( or substitute with flaked chicken breast)
– Parmesan cheese, as desired Or any preferred cheese
– 1/2 cup sour cream or creamy yogurt
– 1/2 cup low fat milk
– 2 tablespoon mustard
– 1-2 tablespoon lite mayonnaise, optional
– 2 tablespoon roasted garlic, crushed
Salt, as desired
1. Combine all ingredients of the dressing.
2. Then toss the lettuce and croutons with the dressing. Add more as you go along to evenly coat the lettuce.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
4. Add bacon or chicken breast, Optional.