2 lb uncooked rice vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup lukewarm water
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
5 teaspoons fish sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 bird’s eye chilies, slice thinly
4 cups (1/4-inch) chopped green leaf lettuce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup torn Thai basil leaves
1/4 cup torn mint leaves
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
1 lb large shrimps, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/3 cup (1/4-inch) sliced green onions
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
* Cook rice vermicelli noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again.
* Combine 1/2 cup lukewarm water and granulated sugar in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, and chilies, set aside.
* Combine lettuce, cilantro, basil and mint leaves, set aside.
* Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimps and toss to coat well.
* Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, and swirl to coat the pan well.. Add half of shrimps; cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimps are seared. Remove cooked shrimps from the pan and repeat the procedure with the remaining shrimps. Remove cooked shrimps.
* In the same pan, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok; swirl to coat. Add onions and garlic; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Return shrimps to pan; stir-fry for another minute.
* Prepare four serving bowls, arrange about 1 cup lettuce mixture in each bowl and top each serving with about 1 cup noodles, shrimps and 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts. Drizzle sauce all over and serve. Enjoy!