This simple yet lovely dessert is perfect ending for your heavy meal. Since watermelon is very refreshing and light to eat. Ginger is also good for digestion.
– 1/2 Watermelon (medium size)
– 1/2 cup ginger wine
– 1 cup water
– 2 tablespoon sugar
– 1 ounce preserved candied ginger
(if not available use 1 small fresh ginger, then soak it in water with white sugar for 2hrs or more.) remove then sliced thinly.
– mint leaves for garnish
1. Using a round melon baller, cut melon balls from top surface of watermelon, remove seeds. Scoop out remaining watermelon.
2. Place melon balls in large bowls. Combine wine, water and sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and mixture is hot. Remove from heat.
3. Cut preserved ginger into thin slivers. Stir into ginger wine mixture. Let it set for a while then pour over melon balls. Refrigerate several hours. Stirring occasionally.
4. Spoon melon balls over a glass then serve it with mint leaves as garnish.
Serve and enjoy!