Perk up your dessert spread with this yummy yema recipe.
– 1 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
– 2 cups powdered milk drink
– 1 50g pack of coconut cream powder
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Small paper cups
1. Pour the condensed milk into a small saucepan. Set the stove to medium heat gently. Do not boil.
2. Beat the egg yolk in a bowl. Pour in half of the heated condensed milk into the bowl and stir to blend in the egg yolk. Add the coconut cream and stir until smooth. Pour the egg-milk- coconut cream mixture into the saucepan and continue cooking. Stir, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan to prevent scorching. When the mixture thickens a bit, turn off the heat and cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Place the powdered milk in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the egg-milk-coconut cream mixture. Add the softened butter. Stir until smothering. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for about 45 minutes. After chilling, mixture will thicken and shaping will be easier.