For an easy creamy salad dressing. Try this avocado dressing recipe that goes well with your favorite veggie salad. You can also use it as a dip to your nacho chips.
– 1 cup avocado, diced
– 2 tablespoons chopped basil or cilantro
– 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime
– salt and pepper, to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon honey
1. Put avocado, chopped basil, lemon juice, and honey in a blender or food processor. Purée and blend well.
2. Transfer mixture in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Add cayenne pepper for extra spice.
Serve with your choice of mixed vegetables. Avocado is a good substitute to mayonnaise.