3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
2 ¼ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* Preheat oven to 170C. Spray 2 9×5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
* Pat dry excess moisture from the shredded zucchini using paper towels.
* In a bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside.
* Using an electric mixer, beat oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well combined (or whisk vigorously). Stir in zucchini.
* Using a spatula, slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Slowly stir everything together until no more flour pockets remain. Do not over mix. Fold in chopped walnuts.
* Spoon or pour batter into prepared loaf pans, and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
* When cooked, remove bread from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on wire rack before cutting into slices.
Serve warm with your favorite beverage!